Earthquake cake. Earthquake Cake starts with a box of german chocolate cake mix, then add in coconut It cracks open after baking, resulting in the name – Earthquake cake! One of the best cakes to serve for a party. This Earthquake Cake is one of those classic cakes and really lives up to its name!
Earthquake Cake is so Moist and Dreamy. Why is it called an Earthquake Cake? I think because it is so good you just want to dive into it. You can cook Earthquake cake using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Earthquake cake
- It’s 1 cup of coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- You need 1 box of German chocolate cake mix.
- It’s 1 stick of melted butter.
- It’s 1 pack of cream cheese.
- You need 1 box of confectionary sugar.
Reviews for Photos of Earthquake Cake II. Earthquake Cake is a delicious and easy chocolate cake recipe. Earthquake cake is a moist and decadent chocolate cake made even better with layers of toasted coconut, crunchy pecans, and a sweet and tangy cream cheese mixture. See more ideas about earthquake cake, earthquake cake recipes, cake recipes.
Earthquake cake instructions
- 9×13 glass pan cover with butter.
- Cover bottom of pan with coconut, then cover with chopped pecans or chopped walnuts.
- Mix cake mike according to directions on box, then pour over coconut and chopped nuts.
- Mix second set of ingredients together, then pour over top of cake batter.
- Cook at 350 for approximately 45 to 60 minutes on center or top rack of oven.
This oreo earthquake cake is a white cake mix loaded with whole oreos and oreo crumbs. It gets its name because the cake is cracked with crevices on top when done. If you love German chocolate cake, but hate the time consuming process,,,this cake is wonderful!! It's called an earthquake cake because of the ingredients shifting around during and after baking: the cream cheese mixture sinks into the cake, some of the pecans and coconut rise towards the top, and. I've eaten it made by others as well, but I've never seen one as gooey and luscious looking as this photo!