Sig's German Beetroot and Cucumber Salad.
You can have Sig's German Beetroot and Cucumber Salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's German Beetroot and Cucumber Salad
- You need 300 grams of fresh beetroot.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of medium sized cucumber.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sherry or apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of bag lambs lettuce.
- You need 125 grams of halved walnuts.
Sig's German Beetroot and Cucumber Salad step by step
- Remove the leafs from the beetroot. Boil the Beetroot in salted water for about 30 minutes until cooked. Remove them from boiling water and rinse under cold tap immediately…
- Peel and remove seeds from cucumber. Slice the cucumber thinly.
- Wash the lettuce and arrange in serving glasses or on plates ..
- Make dressing out of oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and mint.
- Pour dressing over the cucumber.
- Peel, slice and cut the beetroot into fine strips. If you don't want to boil the beetroot to save time buy ready boiled beetroot, that is not pickled..
- add the beetroot to the cucumber and mix gently.
- Arrange on serving plates with the lambs lettuce. Garnish with walnuts.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…