Sig's German Sweet Caramelised Potatoes and Kale.
You can cook Sig's German Sweet Caramelised Potatoes and Kale using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's German Sweet Caramelised Potatoes and Kale
- Prepare of kale.
- Prepare 2 kg of fresh kale.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 75 ml of cooking oil, or you can use 100 gr of dripping.
- It’s 5 tbsp of breakfast oats.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 3/4 liter of of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of icing sugar.
- Prepare 800 grams of baby new potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of each black pepper freshly cracked, salt and nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
Sig's German Sweet Caramelised Potatoes and Kale instructions
- Take the leafs from the stalks so that you are just left with the curly bits . Chop finely.
- Chop the onions , sauté in the dripping or oil until soft.
- Add the kale, the breakfast oats, salt and stock.
- Cover with lid and simmer for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime boil your potatoes until they are almost cooked in some salted water , cool and peel if you like.
- About 15 minutes before the kale is cooked add the icing sugar into a heated pan and let it caramelise. Add the oil . stir thoroughly..
- Add the potatoes as a whole and slowly let them caramelise in the sugar oil mixture until they take on a shine and a little crunchy crisp.
- Season with salt pepper,sugar and nutmeg.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…