German cheese "Spätzle". German Cheese Spaetzle (or Spätzle) are tiny German dumplings, kind of like noodles and probably the German relative of the American Macaroni and Cheese. Today we learn how to make this easy German Spätzle recipe. Call it Germany's Mac N' Cheese if you like – but we're cooking a Chinese German fusion version.
Cheese needs to be Emmentaler (preferably. Cheese Spaetzle or Käse Spätzle are traditionally from Swabia. Käsespätzle is a complete meal and might remind you a little bit of Macaroni & Cheese. but so much better! You can cook German cheese "Spätzle" using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German cheese "Spätzle"
- It’s of Spätzle.
- You need 4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- Prepare of cheese "Spätzle".
- Prepare 1 of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 100 grams of bacon (it depends on how much you like).
- Prepare 50 grams of cheese, grated.
- Prepare 50 grams of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of cheese, grated.
How to make it (with video. This satisfying German pasta dish is adapted from the one served When the onions begin to sizzle, add the spätzle and cheese. Stir until the spätzle is hot and the. Sauerkraut Cheese Spätzle – this recipe is incredible by itself, especially after melting mozzarella cheese over the spaetzle.
German cheese "Spätzle" instructions
- In a large bowl mix together flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper..
- In a separated bowl beat the eggs and stir in milk. Mix well..
- Now mix the dry and the wet ingredients together..
- Bring water to boil in a big pot..
- Now take a teaspoon with your mixture and let it drop into the boiling water. The gravity may help you but if it's still to challenging add more milk to the mixture..
- Let all your batter drop into the hot water and fish the ready "Spätzle" with a spoon when they're swimming to the top..
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C..
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped onion..
- Cook them for a while and add bacon and "Spätzle"..
- Cook until golden brown and add 50 grams grated cheese..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Add sour cream and let a little bit evaporate..
- Now take everything from the oven and put in a casserole dish. Sprinkle as much grated cheese as you like on top and bake for 10 minutes..
Spätzle ([ˈʃpɛtslə] (listen)) is a type of pasta made with fresh eggs, typically serving as a side for meat dishes with gravy. This traditional German cheese casserole comfort food (käsespätzle) recipe uses homemade Make the Spaetzle. Here is a step-by-step guide to making spätzle with a. Cheese spätzle in the collection of dishes of German cuisine. Add a half of the cheese in a sauce, mix well.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…