Chocolate Carne Asada Chili.
You can have Chocolate Carne Asada Chili using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Carne Asada Chili
- Prepare 2 lbs of Carne Asada Steak.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 6 oz of cervesa (drink other half).
- Prepare 3-27 oz of cans of hunts chili beans.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 of dried and ground guajillo peppers.
- It’s 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- You need of Marinade Ingredients.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- It’s 2 of oranges.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of mexican oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
Chocolate Carne Asada Chili step by step
- Cut steak into thin pieces and place in a gallon ziploc bag. Add the lime/orange wedges and the marinade mixture to the bag, and set in fridge for up to 24 hrs. I've done as low as 2 hrs and it worked out ok, but the longer the better in my opinion. Pull it out and bring it to room temperature before cooking..
- You can make this multiple different ways, from a crock pot to a dutch oven over a fire. The methods are still the same..
- Brown the marinaded steak on medium/high heat until you don't see pink..
- Add in the chopped onion and cook until they are slightly soft.
- In a large pot add the meat, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and half of a beer. Stir in the spices and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat until it is just simmering. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Cover and let simmer for 1hr 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy, or…..
- One of the secrets to making chili even better is to make it the day before. When it rests in the fridge, it allows all the flavors to blend. That is why I believe leftover chili is always better. It is an added step, and sometimes my family can't wait that long, but it could be the thing that will send you to a first place spot in a chili competition..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…