Carnitas Tacos. Carnitas tacos are made with crispy and juicy carnitas, red onion, cilantro and toppings! An easy slow cooker or Crock Pot recipe perfect for Taco Tuesday! I show you my own method for making melt-in-your-mouth carnitas, all in one step.
Carnitas are made by braising or simmering pork in oil or preferably lard until tender. The process takes three to four hours, and the result is very tender and juicy meat. Remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick. You can cook Carnitas Tacos using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carnitas Tacos
- You need 2 lbs of Leftover pulled pork.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Lard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried ground Ancho chillies.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of tbps Tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Note.
- You need of Substitute Anchos will chili powder.
Spoon a few tablespoons of carnitas onto each tortilla. The best Pork Carnitas recipe, that elusive combination of incredible juicy flavour AND golden crispiness. Make this in the slow cooker (crock pot), pressure cooker, instant pot or oven! Carnitas Tacos (pulled pork tacos) are THE BEST ever!
Carnitas Tacos instructions
- In a skillet. Melt 2 tbsp of lard on medium heat. Add in pork and fry until the ends are crispy but the middle is still tender..
- In a bowl mix together Ancho chili powder, 1 cup warm Chicken stock, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, and salt..
- Add chili mixture to the pork and mix. Simmer on a low heat until the pork absorbs the sauce. Serve on a homemade flour or corn tortilla. Top with cilantro, onion, lime juice, and salsa..
Carnitas tacos are all about the slow cooked pork they're stuffed with. And (not to brag) but I think I have the best carnitas recipe ever. Pork carnitas tacos are the PERFECT thing to make for a giant group of people (good thing I With that, you're rewarded with the most awesome carnitas tacos ever. These pork carnitas tacos start with well-seasoned pork shoulder or roast. I typically like to break down the The toppings for this taco recipe add so much flavor!
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…