Jalapeño n’ Bacon Mac.
You can cook Jalapeño n’ Bacon Mac using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño n’ Bacon Mac
- It’s 6 oz of Cavatappi Pasta.
- It’s 4 oz of Bacon, thick cut.
- Prepare 4 oz of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1 of Large Jalapeño.
- You need 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mexican Cheese blend.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Cream Cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Southwest Spice Blend.
- You need 1/4 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of Scallions.
- It’s 1 Clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper, to season.
Jalapeño n’ Bacon Mac step by step
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add bacon to a large, dry pan over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally and adjusting heat if browning too quickly, until crispy, 6-10 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towellined plate. Carefully discard all but a thin layer of bacon fat from pan.
- While bacon cooks, halve jalapeño crosswise, removing ribs and seeds for less heat; thinly slice one half into rounds and finely dice remaining. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens. Peel and mince garlic..
- Once water is boiling, add cavatappi to pot. Cook until al dente, 9-11 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain..
- While pasta cooks, place 1tbsp butter in a small microwavesafe bowl; microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Stir in panko and 1 tsp Southwest Spice. You’ll use the remaining Southwest Spice later. Season with salt and pepper..
- Heat pan with reserved bacon fat over medium-high heat. Add sliced jalapeño; season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a second small bowl and set aside..
- Add scallion whites, diced jalapeño, and garlic to same pan. Cook until slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add 1tbsp flour to pan with aromatics; whisk until thoroughly coated..
- Add heavy cream. Whisk in cream cheese, ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water, and remaining Southwest Spice; reduce heat to low. Simmer, whisking, until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes..
- Whisk in Mexican cheese and Monterey Jack until melted and creamy..
- Heat broiler to high. Roughly chop bacon. Stir bacon and drained cavatappi into pan with cheese sauce..
- If needed, stir in more reserved pasta cooking water a splash at a time until cavatappi is coated in a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper..
- Sprinkle with seasoned panko and sliced jalapeño. Broil until panko is browned and crispy, 2-3 minutes..
- Sprinkle with scallion greens. Divide between plates or serve directly from baking dish..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…