German Chocolate Cake.
You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- You need of frosting.
- You need 300 grams of chocolate chips.
- It’s 500 ml of whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 6 of egg whites.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 1 can of cherry pie filling.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of chocolate shavings (optional).
German Chocolate Cake step by step
- In a pot, slowly heat the whipping cream. When almost at a boil remove from heat and add the butter and chocolate chips. Mix with a whisk until everything is melted and smooth. You can choose milk or semi sweet chocolate chips..
- Put cream in fridge until cooled completely..
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mixer, whip egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until peaks form..
- Combine all dry ingredients. Starch can be substituted with 1/2 cup of flour..
- While mixing, add melded butter to egg yolks.
- Alternating with the milk, add the dry ingredients while constantly mixing..
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form..
- With a whisk, carefully mix the egg whites with the batter..
- Grease the bottom of a round cake pan and fill in batter. Bake for 25-35 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick test comes out clean..
- Remove cake from pan an put on cooling rack..
- Take cream out of fridge and whip with mixer until peaks form..
- Slice cake into 3 layers. Spread cherry pie filling on first layer..
- Put 2nd layer on top and spread a layer of frosting, about 1/4" thick on top. Finish with 3rd layer and dirty ice the cake..
- Finish frosting the cake with the remaining frosting and sprinkle with chocolate shavings..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…