Pflaumenkuchen / Zwetschgendatschi: German Plum Cake.
You can cook Pflaumenkuchen / Zwetschgendatschi: German Plum Cake using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pflaumenkuchen / Zwetschgendatschi: German Plum Cake
- Prepare of **Dough**.
- You need 120 ml of milk (1/2 US cup).
- You need 1 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 250 g of flour (about 1 US cup).
- It’s 30 g of butter, softened (2 Tbsp).
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of **Topping**.
- You need 400-450 g of Prunes or dark plums (about 1 lb).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of quick oats or breadcrumbs for dusting dough.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 of baking tray (I used a 8 x 11 in/22 x 28 cm pan) or pie/tart dish (8-9 inches). Something similar will work..
Pflaumenkuchen / Zwetschgendatschi: German Plum Cake step by step
- In a bowl, mix the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt..
- Add milk and butter and mix until the dough can be formed into a ball. If it's too wet to handle, add a little more flour. If it's too dry and powdery, add a little bit of milk..
- Dust a surface and your hands with flour. Knead the dough a couple minutes until the ball is smooth..
- Cover and let sit in a warm place for about 60 minutes..
- It should get almost double in size after 1 hour..
- While waiting for dough, pit and quarter the prunes..
- When dough is ready, preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and grease your baking pan/baking sheet with oil or butter. Roll out your dough into the pan (about 1 cm thick or so)..
- Sprinkle dough with breadcrumbs or oats (to help soak up extra juice from plums).
- Layer the plums in to up right rows so it fills the entire dough sheet..
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and sugar..
- Put pan into center rack. Turn temperature down to 350°F/180°C and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the dough is slightly browned and prunes are starting to turn golden..
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes. Can be eat warm or room temperature. Serve plain or top with yogurt or whipped cream. Drizzle honey for an added touch of sweetness :).
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…