German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut.
You can cook German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut
- You need 600 grams of pork belly, shoulder, etc. (about 1 lb 5 oz).
- It’s 1 of carrot or potato, cut into large chunks.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 2 cup of sauerkraut, drained (enough to cover pork).
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 4 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 of juniper berries.
- It’s 5 of peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar, add more to taste.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard, plus more for serving.
German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut step by step
- Cut pork into 4 even pieces and trim off excess fat. In a heavy pot, brown all sides of the pork on medium heat..
- Add onions, carrots, sugar, spices and enough sauerkraut to cover everything. Add about 1 cup of white wine and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to medium low and cover pot with lid. Let simmer at least 45-60 minutes up to 2 hours. Check occasionally to make sure there is enough liquid and add some water if needed..
- In the last 5 minutes, mix in Dijon mustard. Add more sugar to taste. Divide into dishes and serve with additional mustard..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…