You can cook Tacos Carnitas using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tacos Carnitas
- Prepare 4-5 lbs of pork butt or shoulder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder (or 8 gloves smashed).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice (or two limes juiced).
- You need 1 of large white onion cut into circles about half a pinkies width.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- You need 3/4 cup of coke.
- You need of Toppings of Carnitas/tortilla.
- It’s 2 stalks of cilantro cut up finely.
- It’s 1 of large white onion diced.
- It’s of White or yellow corn tortillas.
Tacos Carnitas step by step
- In slower cooker add pork (it may help if you cut it into 6 or so big chunks.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, onions, lime juice, orange juice, and coke into slow cooker.
- Cover on high heat for 6-8 hours (Until meat falls apart).
- Remove pork and shred with two forks. (Do not discard the juice).
- (Optional) transfer the pulled pork to a baking sheet LINED WITH FOIL. Use a bbq spread brush spread some of the juice from crock pot over the meat. Put on broil till a desired Crispyness. THEN Put meat back into slow cooker to sit in the juices and be served from the pot..
- On a frying pan on medium heat put on corn tortillas..
- They should not quite be browned but right before that. Make sure you flip and do both sides. (Should be served soft and warm).
- Assemble tacos with the meat, some of the diced white onion, and sprinkle on some cilantro.
- I love the Herdez mild guacamole salsa on top too! Also if you have a few fresh limes cut into wedges to squeeze on top! That’s the best!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…