Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge).
You can have Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge)
- Prepare 1 cup of Glutinous rice.
- It’s 1 cup of Jasmine rice.
- You need 2 Tbsps of Cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 of Chicken (cut parts to your liking).
- You need 1 pc. of Ginger (Julienne cuts).
- Prepare 6 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium size Onion (diced).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Salt + Black pepper.
- You need 5 cups of Water.
- It’s 3 Tbsps of Safflower/Kasubha.
- It’s 1/2 bundle of Lemongrass.
- You need 1 Tbsps of Crushed Crunchy Garlic Toppings (garnish) per serving.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Spring onions (garnish) per serving.
Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) step by step
- Combine glutinous and jasmine rice together, then add water to submerge and mix rice combination entirely. Soak for 3-5hrs..
- Chop the half chicken into small parts, then wash thoroughly before setting aside..
- Place your cooking pot onto your stove, set in medium heat. Start sautéing ginger, garlic, and onion..
- Add chicken parts, mix well. Add in the rice combination. Stir. Let simmer 5-8mins. Add salt and black pepper..
- Add in water. Stir well until rice is nice and soft (not too mushy). Add more hot water if porridge is too thick. Add Safflower (it’ll give a yellowish colour) then stir then add lemongrass, and let simmer for 3-5mins.. Once well cooked. Taste. Add salt/black pepper if necessary..
- Pour into a bowl. Garnish with crunchy minced garlic and spring onions. Adding a boiled egg per serving is optional but always serve this dish while it hot and fresh from the pot!.
- Share and enjoy! 💟.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…