You can cook Zoervleis using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zoervleis
- It’s 1 kg of beef poulet (cubed, 2×2 cm).
- Prepare 5 of onions (coarsely chopped).
- You need 5 of cloves.
- It’s 8 of Juniper berries (bruised).
- You need 200 g of gingerbread (crumbled).
- It’s 250 ml of kitchen vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tb of dutch apple syrup.
- It’s 3 of bay leaves (laurel).
- Prepare 2 of red chillies.
- You need of To taste.
- Prepare 1 dash of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- Leave the meat outside the fridge exactly one hour before frying it..
- Chop meat and vegetables..
- Fry half of the meat on high until seared and repeat for other half. Then set aside..
- In a different pan, fry onions and chillies on med-high in butter until onions start to caramelize..
- Add vinegar and wait until it has become warm before adding it to the steak..
- Add bay leaves, Juniper berries, salt and pepper..
- Make sure that the meat is covered in liquid by adding hot water if necessary..
- Close the lid and simmer for at least 3 hours before removing Juniper berries..
- Mix in apple syrup and crumbled ginger bread..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…