Sig's German bacon torches.
You can have Sig's German bacon torches using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's German bacon torches
- You need 20 of slicestreaky bacon smoked or unsmoked or thinly sliced belly pork. This makes 10 skewers.
- It’s 10 grams of hot spice mix of choice.
- It’s 1 of skewer per torch and two slices of bacon, as long as there are no gaps so that the skewer won't burn, however use any size you wish.Here I used long skewers cut in half, with the same amount of meat.
- It’s of spice mix I make.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of each, dried smoked paprika, dried ginger, dried garlic powder, dried mint, chilli powder, pepper, cardamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried fenugreek, salt,.
- You need 1 tbsp of each of toasted and finely crushed coriander and cumin seeds, make sure they don't burn when doing them, they are ready when they hop about in the pan.
- You need 1 pinch of each of dried clove powder, cinnamon.
Sig's German bacon torches step by step
- Mix all the spice ingredients if using them, blend them until they resemble a fine powder. There will be plenty over store in a airtight container in spice cupboard. Or use your own choice of spice mix..
- Soak skewers for about ten minutes in cold water.You can use metal skewers if you prefer but they will stay hot so please take care not burning yourself.
- Lay four slices of bacon side by side sprinkle with spices and turn over. Sprinkle the other side with mix. Should you wish to use belly pork get it sliced on a professional butchers slicer, a household breadslicer quite likely will tear the meat..
- Add a second layer on top of first one sprinkle with mix. Add a third layer sprinkle with mix, add a fourth and so on until all bacon is used, sprinkle top layer with spice mix..
- Take a skewer and push the lean end of the bacon onto it, hold onto it and keep turning towards you, cover the skewer so that none of the skewers can be seen, except the end bits where you need to hold on.
- Take a second slice of bacon lean end first push onto the top, where you finished the last bacon, facing towards you turn the meat onto the skewer downwards, this is important as otherwise the bacon underneath will come lose. Secure the last turning of the bacon by pushing it onto skewer at the bottom.
- When all skewers are done leave to rest in fridge for at least an hour, for flavours to infuse.
- You can then pop them onto a bbq or a griddle pan, put them under broiler or grill or into a frying pan.
- Make sure you turn them frequently as the cook quick,brush with a little oil if necessary.cook to your liking..
- When finished sprinkle with more of the hot spices and serve with a garlic dip or ketchup.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…