Crispy Tortilla Bowls for Taco Salad.
You can have Crispy Tortilla Bowls for Taco Salad using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy Tortilla Bowls for Taco Salad
- It’s of Large flour tortillas.
- It’s of Peanut oil for frying.
- You need of Suggested Fillings:.
- Prepare of Taco seasoned beef or chicken.
- You need of Shredded lettuce.
- Prepare of Pinto beans.
- Prepare of Diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- You need slices of Jalapeño.
- Prepare of Sliced black olives.
- It’s of Avocados.
- It’s of Shredded cheese.
- It’s of Salsa or taco sauce.
Crispy Tortilla Bowls for Taco Salad step by step
- Place small oven-safe bowls upside down on baking sheet spaced far enough apart to accommodate the tortillas that will be draped over them. Only 2 will fit a standard size cookie sheet..
- In a large skillet heat about 3/4-inch of oil to medium high while your oven is preheating to 350°F. When the oil is hot, using tong, slide a tortilla into the pan for ONLY 3 SECONDS. Pick up with the tongs allowing excess oil to drain back into the skillet..
- Place the hot, oily tortilla over the inverted bowl and, with the tongs, gently shape against the bowl. They don't have to be perfect; just looking for a quasi-bowl shape that'll hold your ingredients when finished..
- Place in 350° oven and bake for 6 minutes. Pull out of oven and carefully remove the HOT bowls, turn the tortillas right side up, and bake another 2 minutes. Since oven temperatures can vary, keep an eye on them. You can allow them to cool or keep warm in the oven while preparing the ingredients to fill them with..
- I browned up hamburger with onions, garlic and Taco Bell Taco seasoning for ours. Shredded beef or chicken would also be yummy..
- Place tortilla bowl on plate and fill as desired. Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…