Version Tex Mex Beef Casserole (Can be altered for Low carbs).
You can cook Version Tex Mex Beef Casserole (Can be altered for Low carbs) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Version Tex Mex Beef Casserole (Can be altered for Low carbs)
- You need 16 oz of mexican cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1/2 can of enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 4 lbs of hamburger.
- Prepare of Jalapeños slice (jarred).
- You need of Chopped onion.
- It’s 8 of tortilla shells (carb balanced or regular).
- You need 16 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 jar of bean and corn salsa.
- You need 4 packets of taco seasoning.
Version Tex Mex Beef Casserole (Can be altered for Low carbs) instructions
- Fry ground beef until no longer pink and add taco seasoning according to directions on packets.
- While Ground beef is cooking, use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips out of the tortilla shells. Salt the tortilla strips and break apart if stuck together.. Deep fry the tortilla strips until golden brown..
- Grease a 9×13 or larger pan if available..
- Layer the casserole dish like lasagna. I started with a layer of half the taco meat, onions, cheese enchilada sauce, jalapeño slices, salsa, 9 dollops of sour cream, some corn, and then those yummy deep fried tortilla strips..
- Repeat layer and add additional cheese and goodies on top of the last layer of tortilla strips to prevent burning..
- Cook in oven at 425 until done to your liking. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…