German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies.
You can have German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- It’s of BROWNIE COOKIES.
- Prepare 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature (;2 sticks ).
- You need 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of COCONUT PECAN FIlling.
- Prepare 1 of 12 ounce can evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of salted butter ( 1 1/2 sticks ).
- You need 4 of large egg yolks, whisked to combine, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 7 oz of flaked sweetened coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
German Chocolate Brownie Sandwich Cookies instructions
- Make Coconut Pecan Filling, it needs to cool.
- In a saucepan combine butter, sugar and milk , bring to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.slowly whisk some hot mixture to whisked egg yolks to temper them, adding enough to make them hot. Then slowly wisk in back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans, scrape into a bowl and let cool to room temoerature.
- MAKE THE BROWNIE COOKIES.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave just until smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Chill dough 30 to 60 minutes until its easy to roll into balls.
- Roll dog into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 11 minutes until puffed and just set. Cool on pan on wire rack 5 minutes them transfer to racks to cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICH COOKIES.
- Place one cookie flat side up on work surface.
- Spread some cooled coconut pecan filling on cookie.
- Add another cookie on top and press lightly to make c sandwich. This makes about 20 sandwich cookies.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…