You can cook Belgian Buns using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Belgian Buns
- It’s 450 g of strong white flour.
- Prepare 7 g of fast action yeast.
- Prepare 75 g of golden caster sugar.
- Prepare 165 ml of warm milk.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- You need 5 tbsp of lemon curd.
- It’s 150 g of sultanas.
- Prepare 250 g of icing sugar.
- It’s 12 of glacé cherries.
Belgian Buns instructions
- Mix the flour, yeast, caster sugar and 1tsp sea salt in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add warm milk, melted butter and beaten egg. Mix well to form a dough..
- Knead the dough for 10mins till it’s smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball, add to a bowl and cover. Place in a warm place for 1 hour till doubled in size..
- Line 2 baking trays with non stick parchment. Lightly dust a work surface and roll out to a thin rectangle (45x30cm). Evenly spread with lemon curd and sprinkle with sultanas..
- Roll the dough into a long Swiss roll. Cut 12 equal sized buns. Place 6 onto each baking tray spaced out. Cover loosely with cling film and let rise for 45mins till doubled in size..
- Preheat oven to 180’C fan. Brush buns with beaten egg. Bake for 10mins then reduce the heat to 160’C fan and bake for a further 10mins..
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack..
- Mix the icing sugar and 3 tbsp water to a thick icing..
- Cover each bun in icing and a glacé cherry. Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…