Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup. Onions, celery, and broccoli cooked in chicken broth are pureed with milk in this quick scratch-made cream of broccoli soup. All Reviews for Best Cream Of Broccoli Soup. This is a stellar combination of juicy roast beef with bitter broccoli rabe and melty provolone cheese.
This soup give the basic Cream of Broccoli an added bonus. I serve it with cheesy bread and it makes a complete filling meal. Use reserved liquid to thin down if it is too thick. You can have Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup
- Prepare of For the soup.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of large shallot, sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 of large broccoli crowns with a few inches of stem on each one.
- You need 3 qts of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 lb of chopped turnip greens.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of fresh tarragon.
- You need 1 qt of whipping cream, not heavy cream.
- You need 2 cups of grated smoked cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Cornstarch slurry…,optional.
- Prepare of French fried onions for garnish.
- Prepare of For the panini.
- Prepare 9 of grain whole wheat bread.
- Prepare of Softened butter.
- Prepare of Sliced smoked Swiss cheese.
- It’s of Sliced smoked Muenster cheese.
- You need of Beechwood smoked ham, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Jerk spiced turkey, deli sliced.
- You need of Thin sliced sweet onion.
- It’s of Thin sliced tomato.
- You need of Thin sliced avocado.
- It’s of Mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.
Add potatoes now if you desire. Broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. italica) is an edible green plant in the cabbage family (family Brassicaceae, genus Brassica) whose large flowering head, stalk and small associated leaves are eaten as a vegetable. I had the idea to make this sandwich for weeeeeeeeks. Trim off the ends of foccacia and cut in half to create a sandwich.
Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup instructions
- Start with the soup. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When heated add butter and shallots. Sauté until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes..
- Separate the broccoli stalks from the broccoli florets. Slice broccoli stalks thinly. Set aside..
- When shallots are done, add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and cook until they tenderize..
- Then add broccoli florets, turnip greens, and tarragon. Simmer until everything tenderizes..
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until it is smooth. Add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Stir often. add salt and pepper to taste. If you are good with the consistency, move to next step. If you feel it needs to be a little thicker, mix cold water and corn starch at a 1:1 ratio. Slowly add to simmering soup until you get desired consistency..
- Add cheddar to soup and stir until melted..
- I used a George foreman grill to cook the paninis, but in a pan works too..
- Butter the outsides of the slices of bread. On the insides, spread mayo and mustard. Next layer your desired ingredients on your sandwiches. Use a little cheese in between each layer to kind of act like glue..
- Grill or fry until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice sandwiches in half..
- Add soup to a bowl. Garnish with fried onions. Serve sandwiches on a plate. Enjoy..
Top one side chopped roasted broccoli, followed by a layer of cheddar cheese, and then turkey. Also, this broccoli rabe panini might have cracked the code. Here's what I've learned regarding panini building. Butter the outsides of your slice—you're gonna Always add something green and healthy, in this case, charred chili and lemon broccoli rabe! I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…