You can cook Filipino Menudo using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Menudo
- Prepare 2 cups of pork meat, sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of annatto (atsuete) seeds.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced small.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (or salt, to taste).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of good-quality red wine.
- You need 2 of large plum tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of chicken broth (only as necessary if sauce is too thick).
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled, diced golden potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of green beans, sliced into slanted one-inch pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
Filipino Menudo step by step
- In a medium bowl, toss together the pork pieces and soy sauce until well-combined; set aside for at least 30 minutes..
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat the oil then add the annatto seeds, stirring until the oil is infused with the red color; remove and discard the seeds..
- Add the garlic and stir until golden in color. Add the onion and stir until softened. Stir in the pork and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in the fish sauce and tomato paste; cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the wine and tomatoes, stir and cook for another 3 minutes..
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer, covered, for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pork is tender but not falling apart. If the mixture gets too dry, add a little bit of chicken broth, one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired amount of sauce. Add the potatoes and carrots and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, then stir in the bell pepper..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, and serve hot with cooked rice..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…