Chicken tinga. Shredded chicken with sliced onions and a tomato chipotle sauce. Chicken Tinga Tacos – the only chicken tinga tacos recipe you will ever need! Spicy, saucy, simple, and so fresh.
Tinga is a dish made with shredded chicken in a delicious tomato sauce and Chile Chipotle in Adobo sauce. This chicken tinga recipe is inspired by the smoky, peppery flavors that we love so much in chicken tinga, but it's built for busy weeknights. We take nearly every shortcut in the book. You can have Chicken tinga using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tinga
- It’s of Large rotisserie chicken pulled. You want about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs of meat.
- You need 32 of is chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of water(or extra chicken stock).
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion diced.
- You need 1 of large yellow onion halved.
- Prepare 7 of ox can chipotle pepper is adobo seeded(unless you prefer hot).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 6 of dried guajillo seeded.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Dried crushed Mexican oregano(I crush to remove any hard stems and to release the oils in the oregano).
- It’s 2 tsp of dried cilantro (optional).
- Prepare of Cilantro finely chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
This Chicken Tinga recipe is juicy shredded chicken slowly simmered in a zesty tomato-chipotle sauce. Serve it as tacos, tostadas, burritos, or tortas. Make restaurant-worthy chicken tinga in the comfort of your own home with these flavorful and juicy recipes. , you'll find something you love in this collection of our best chicken tinga recipes. Tinga is a Mexican dish made with chicken, called tinga de pollo in Spanish.
Chicken tinga instructions
- Add your chicken stock and water followed by the halved onion, chiles and garlic and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- While that simmers add the tomatoes, lime juice and the chipotle with adobo into a large blender..
- After you simmer for 20 minutes remove the onion, garlic and chiles to the blender and pour the stock into a separate container. Blend the mixture until smooth..
- Add olive oil to the pot and heat up. Add the diced onion, pinch of salt and cool until browned. Retune the stock back to the pot and reduce by half..
- Once reduced add the sauce followed by the oregano, a few pinches of salt and a few pinches of sugar and return to simmer and reduce for 30 minutes..
- Remove 2/3 of the sauce into a sieve and push it through to remove the extra pulp, add back to the pot and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes to reduce..
- Once the sauce is where you want it add the chicken to the pot and heat through for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with cotija cheese, cilantro and diced white onions (optional diced avocado and crema).
It's made with shredded chicken and onions simmered in a tomato and chipotle in adobo sauce. Chicken Tinga, or tinga de pollo, is a Mexican dish consisting of shredded chicken in a saucy, smoky, spicy tomato chipotle sauce. It's not only quick and easy, but healthy. This smoky, spicy, and earthy chicken tinga takes less work than the flavor would lead you to believe—chipotles add most of the depth, while meaty chicken thighs, canned fire-roasted tomatoes. An authentic Mexican recipe with a delicious, spicy and smoky shredded chicken cooked in onions, tomatoes and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…