Sig's German Very Simple Soup.
You can cook Sig's German Very Simple Soup using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's German Very Simple Soup
- It’s 2 of crusty rolls.
- You need 1 ltr of good liquid stock of preference, vegetable, fish, beef or chicken (bought or homenade).
- Prepare 8 slice of cut to fit flavoursome good melting cheese (gruyere, Cheddar, Gouda, Emmental, Monterey Jack or any that is preferred).
- Prepare 2 tsp of fresh chopped flat parsley, or dill for fish.
- You need of and to taste other seasonings, like salt and pepper.
- It’s 4 tsp of dry sherry.
Sig's German Very Simple Soup step by step
- The day before you want to eat this cut your rolls into 8 medium to thick slices, put on a light setting and just slightly toast them or put them into the oven and slightly pre toast them. They will be grilled the next day again so do not brown them to much, alternatively you can buy larger ready cooked crostini, next day cut the cheese to size to fit the slices of bread..
- The next day, slice some cheese the same size as each slice of bread…
- Layer first a slice of bread,then a slice of cheese then a slice of bread and another slice of cheese into ovenproof soup plates or bowls.
- Prepare you soup by making a clear stock of preference, vegetable, chicken, fish or beef. You can do this by skimming the grey foam as soon a it comes up with a very small net strainer or a ladle. This needs to be done as soon as it comes up as it first starts boiling or the soup will go cloudy. Season to your liking. Add a little sherry..
- Drain the stock, carefully ladle the clear stock over the bread and cheese. Put the bowls into the oven and melt the cheese. Hope you enjoy.
- The bread full of soup is the best bit.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…