German Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages.
You can cook German Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages
- You need 450 g (1 lb) of Sauerkraut, keep some of the juice (about 4 cups/1000 ml).
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 5-6 of Juniper berries.
- It’s 3-4 of whole cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of White wine.
- You need 4 of Your favorite German sausages.
German Stewed Sauerkraut with Sausages step by step
- Gather your ingredients! If you can, use fresh sauerkraut found in the refrigerated section of the store or homemade sauerkraut. If not, the jarred ones are okay..
- Lightly press the juniper berries under a knife. This helps them release their flavor..
- Put sauerkraut into a pot along with about 1 cup of its juices and 1 cup of water. Add all the spices and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. Check it a couple times to make sure it still has enough liquid left to simmer. Add a little water if it's getting too low. It should be "moist" but not soupy..
- Add wine and bring to simmer again. Add sausages and cook on low for an additional 15 minutes. If you prefer, you may also pan-fry or grill the sausages separately, then serve with the kraut instead..
- Serve with boiled or roasted potatoes, or your favorite hearty bread..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…