German Sour Cream Twists.
You can cook German Sour Cream Twists using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Sour Cream Twists
- You need 1 pack (.25 ounce) of active dry yeast.
- You need 1/4 cup of warm water.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of bleached all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 2 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar, or add as needed.
German Sour Cream Twists instructions
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a bowl and let activate while you complete remaining steps..
- Place flour and salt into a food processor and pulse once or twice to combine. Scatter butter slices over flour and process until butter is thoroughly mixed into the flour, about 1 minute..
- Whisk yeast mixture, sour cream, egg, egg yolks, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; pour mixture into food processor. Pulse several times, just until the dough starts to hold together and clean the sides of the bowl (do not overmix)..
- Remove dough from food processor and divide in half; form each half into a thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours. For best texture, refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 degrees C). Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Sprinkle a work surface generously with sugar and roll out one of the dough disks into an 8×16-inch rectangle..
- Sprinkle dough with a generous amount of sugar. Fold the dough over in thirds, letter-style, and roll out again; fold as before and roll out and fold a third time, sprinkling dough with sugar each time..
- Finally, roll dough into a 4×14-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat process with second dough disk..
- Cut strips from the short side of the dough rectangles, making them 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide. Place strips onto the parchment-lined baking sheets, twisting and slightly stretching them. If preferred, form into horseshoe shapes..
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cookies will puff up a bit to reveal delicate layers. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before transferring to wire cooling racks.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…