Cherokee Chicken Over Mexican Brown Rice. Meanwhile slice chicken breasts in half so you have two breasts from one breast. Here is how you can achieve that. Meanwhile while chicken is baking cook the rice according to package directions.
I had a few requests for recipes I mention in grocery hauls so here is my Mexican Chicken, Brown Rice and Bean Bake. It's especially simple if you have pre. I can't understand why the previous rater didn't like it. You can have Cherokee Chicken Over Mexican Brown Rice using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherokee Chicken Over Mexican Brown Rice
- It’s 3 of Lg. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
- It’s 2 Bags of Frozen Southwest Vegetable Blend, thawed.
- It’s 5 Cans of Nacho Cheese Sauce.
- It’s 2 Boxes of Brown Rice Mix.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Mild Salsa.
Maybe the bell pepper/cranberry combo wasn't to their taste. Next time am going to try sherry instead of vermouth. Add onion and garlic, saute Add chicken breast to skillet and cook until lightly browned on all sides. Stir in cumin and chile powder.
Cherokee Chicken Over Mexican Brown Rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Meanwhile slice chicken breasts in half so you have two breasts from one breast. Once all the breasts are halved rinse and pat them dry. Arrange them in a baking dish. Set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add all 5 cans of nacho cheese sauce and both bags of the southwest vegetable blend. Mix til combined. Pour over chicken and spread evenly. Bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes til chicken is cooked through..
- Meanwhile while chicken is baking cook the rice according to package directions. Once done add the salsa and stir to combine. Set aside til ready to serve and keep warm..
- When chicken is done remove it from the oven. To a serving plate add some Mexican brown rice and top it with the Cherokee Chicken. Serve and Enjoy 😋.
This chicken and brown rice recipe is filled with warming Mexican spices, and is a nutritious one pot meal for your family! I have always loved saucy rice dishes, but have never made rice in a slow cooker before. We have been obsessed with my Slow Cooker Moroccan Pumpkin Chicken, and I. Pollo Loco – grilled chicken over Mexican rice and smothered in white queso – My favorite Mexican recipe! Tip: Add Brown rice for extra whole grains.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…