Quick & Easy French Bread. From Middle English quik, quic, from Old English cwic ("alive"), from Proto-West Germanic *kwik(k)w, from Proto-Germanic *kwikwaz, from Proto-Indo-European *gʷih₃wós ("alive"), from *gʷeyh₃- ("to live"), *gʷeyh₃w- ("to live"). Quick, as an adjective, refers to something moving with high speed. Quick may also refer to: Quick (restaurant), a Belgian fast-food restaurant chain.
Quick definition is – acting or capable of acting with speed: such as. Moving or functioning rapidly and energetically; speedy: an animal. Fields of noteworthy innovation include: soldering, dispensing. You can have Quick & Easy French Bread using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick & Easy French Bread
- It’s 1 Cup of Warm Water (not hot or you will kill the Yeast).
- It’s 1 Tbs of Sugar.
- You need 2 Tsp of Yeast.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of Bread Flour (plus little exra if needed).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare bowl of Oil for coating the.
Contribute to Quick/Quick development by creating an account on GitHub.
Quick & Easy French Bread instructions
- Put the Water, Sugar, Yeast a 1 Tbsp of the flour into a mixer Bowl and quickly mix together (about 10 seconds) Leave for about 10 mins until the surface is covered with bubbles and frothy.
- Add the remaining flour in 3 batches mixing about 2-3 mins between each batch until a nice firm ball is formed (add a little more flour if sticky) then cover the bowl and allow to stand for 15 mins.
- Sprinkle in the salt over the surface and mix again for about 1 min..
- Transfer the ball to a lightly oil bowl and turn so all is lightly covered in oil. Cover with Plastic Wrap for 45 mins to 1 hour until at least double in size..
- Pre Heat oven to 220c and Place a Heat proof dish in the bottom of the oven with about 2cm of hot water in..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock back then divide into 2. Shape into long Loaves and using a shape knife slash diagonally every 2 inches. Put onto a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth for 15 mins..
- Quickly put into oven (try not to let all the steam escape) and bake for 20 – 25 mins or until the outside is a golden brown. Put onto a cooling rack and allow to cool until warm. Slice and Enjoy or Quickly reheat / toast for the perfect result..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…