German Potato Salad.
You can cook German Potato Salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- You need 6 of medium potatoes.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon, reserve the bacon fat.
- It’s 3/4 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of celery seed.
- You need Dash of pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Ground Mustard.
- You need 1 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
German Potato Salad instructions
- Peel potatoes and then cut in half. Place them in a large pot, cover with water, add a pinch of salt, and boil until slightly soft. Drain and allow potatoes to cool..
- In a large fry pan, brown bacon slices on both sides until crisp. Remove bacon and place on paper towel sheet. On medium heat, add the onions and sauté until soft in the bacon fat..
- Add the flour and blend. Add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a slight boil for 1 minute while stirring. Turn off heat and allow to thicken. Stir a few times, season for taste, and set aside..
- Cut cooled potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut once more lengthwise. Make slices 1/4" crosswise. Begin placing them in a large bowl..
- Pour some of the pan gravy over the first layer. Add more slices and then more gravy as you go. Top off the bowl with crumpled bacon bits from 4 or 5 slices..
- Refrigerate and then serve at room temperature or slightly warmed..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…