New Orleans Praline Crunch French Toast Casserole.
You can have New Orleans Praline Crunch French Toast Casserole using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of New Orleans Praline Crunch French Toast Casserole
- It’s 1 loaf of stale bread * see note*.
- You need 8 of eggs beaten well.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of milk or enough to thin some.
- Prepare of Praline Crumble:.
- Prepare of Mix until it is crumbly texture and add to top of mixture.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of softened butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
New Orleans Praline Crunch French Toast Casserole instructions
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. You can use any bread. French and brioche are wonderful..
- Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl..
- Mix the whole milk, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Mix well and pour over bread. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight so bread can soak up custard..
- The next day, spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray and heat oven to 350 degrees..
- Pour the bread mixture into pan and spread evenly..
- In separate bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk to make a thick but not to thick paste..
- Dollop cream cheese over bread mixture and slightly push into mixture..
- Put the praline crumble evenly over top and bake until set in middle. Check after 30 minutes..
- Serve warm with syrup or ice cream or just like it is..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…