You can have Belgian Waffles using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Belgian Waffles
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3 of teapsoon baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk or regular milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla or amaretto.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted butter (unsalted).
- Prepare Can of add 1 teaspoon cinnamon or lemon zest for extra flavor.
Belgian Waffles step by step
- If buttermilk powder used, add 1/2 cup of water to every 1 tablespoon of buttermilk powder, stirring to fully incorporate the powder. Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes before using..
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt. Mix well.
- Add milk, butter, egg yolk, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla. mix just until combined. Do not overmix as you do not want air in this. Some lumps are ok..
- In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form..
- Fold egg whites into mixture. Do not deflate eggwhites..
- Let batter sit for 30mins. Oil and preheat waffle maker..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…