Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce.
You can cook Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- It’s of Bread pudding.
- You need 1 of and a 1/2 cup raisins.
- You need 1 loaf of French bread stale (I used Italian bread).
- It’s 1 quart of milk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 of Tblsp vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of Tblsp melted butter.
- Prepare of Bourbon Sauce.
- You need 4 of Tblsp butter (half a stick).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp AP flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vailla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey (less or more).
Classic NOLA Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce step by step
- For the pudding =Soak the raisins for at least an hour or two in the 1/2 cup whiskey.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a large bowl and pour in a quart of milk and add the bread. Press the bread down lightly to soak up all the milk.
- In a separate bowl add 3 eggs and whisk them together with the sugar vanilla and cinnamon and keep whisking until well incorporated.
- Use melted butter to grease a 9×13 pan.
- Pour mixture into bread bowl on top and add the soaked raisins on top of that.
- Gently fold the mixture with the milk soaked bread careful not to break the bread.
- Add to your greased pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
- For the Sauce =Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stir to cook to a blonde on medium.
- Add the heavy cream and sugar stirring constantly until sugar dissolves on low.
- Add vanilla and whiskey and whisk for a few more and you're done take off heat.
- When it comes out the oven drizzle the sauce over it and ENJOY 😉😋👌.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…