German Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat).
You can have German Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat)
- You need 2 of large cucumbers, peeled, very thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of small sweet or white onion, very thinly sliced.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of light oil (or olive oil).
- It’s 3 Tbs. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbs. of sour cream.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of “fresh” dill, very finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of dried chives.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of fresh lemon juice.
German Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat) instructions
- Peel the cucumbers and slice the “cukes” very thin so that they’re almost transparent. Place in a bowl and dust lightly with salt as you go. This will draw out the moisture..
- Slice the onion thinly and then cut in half. Place them in the bowl on top of the cucumber slices. Allow this to sit for 30 minutes..
- In a small measuring cup (1 cp.), mix the water, oil, cider vinegar, and sugar until dissolved. Add the sour cream, dash of pepper, and mix well..
- Taste for a balance of even sweetness and sour and adjust accordingly. Add fresh dill, chives, parsley, and lemon juice and mix well. Set aside..
- Gently squeeze excess moisture from the cuke slices and drain the juices. Pour the dressing over the slices, fold over a few times, and refrigerate. After 2-3 hours fold over again..
- One hour later, drain the bowl juices into a measuring cup and taste for proper balance. Adjust for taste accordingly and pour over the salad. Serve at slightly below room temperature or chilled..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…