German Chocolate Cake.
You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of Parchment paper.
- You need 2 (4 oz.) of packages German sweet chocolate baking bars*.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper, and lightly grease paper. I placed the pan on the parchment paper and cut around it..
- Microwave chocolate baking bars and 1/2 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring once halfway through..
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt ingredient's in a medium bowl. I sifted my ingredients together..
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition..
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans..
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cake layers to loosen from sides of pans. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; discard parchment paper. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Spread Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired. (See separate post).
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…