Tamale Red Sauce (or Enchilada Sauce).
You can have Tamale Red Sauce (or Enchilada Sauce) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tamale Red Sauce (or Enchilada Sauce)
- It’s 6-7 of dried New Mexico peppers (seeded).
- It’s 6 of dried Arbol peppers (whole).
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatoes (quartered).
- Prepare 4 of gloves garlic (minced).
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken stock (separated).
- Prepare 1 tbs of cumin.
- It’s 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of onion powder.
Tamale Red Sauce (or Enchilada Sauce) instructions
- Start by seeding the dried New Mexico peppers and tearing them in to 1 to 2 inch pieces. You can leave the Arbol peppers whole since they’re small and they will be the main heat ingredient. Quarter your tomatoes..
- In a medium fry pan or large sauce pan, combine peppers, tomatoes, and garlic with 2 cups of the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Place peppers and tomato mix (including liquid) into a blender and blend until smooth..
- Pour back into the sauce pan along with the additional 1 cup of chicken stock and spices and bring to a simmer for 30 more minutes..
- Remove from heat, stir, and let cool for five minutes before handling. ENJOY!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…