Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas. Air-fried chimichangas filled with leftover chicken, fire-roasted chiles, Neufchatel, and Mexican cheese are just as crispy as deep-fried chimichangas, but with fewer calories. How to Make Chimichanga in an Air Fryer. These Chicken Chimichangas are crispy and a lot healthier.
Chimichangas originated in the southwestern part of the United States. They are basically burritos that are filled with meat, cheese, rice and/or beans and then deep-fried in oil. Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas. You can cook Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 of Chopped onion.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s 12 ounces of shredded chicken.
- Prepare of Juice from orange.
- It’s of Juice from lime.
- It’s 1 of Garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 can of diced green chilies.
- Prepare 4 of 7-8 inch tortillas.
- It’s of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- It’s of Olive oil spray.
- You need of Shredded lettuce.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Avocado.
Chimichangas are deep fried burritos and classic Tex-Mex amazingness. Sadly, that usually means they are completely off limits for you if you are working to create healthier habits and trim down. I prefer shredded salsa chicken in my burritos (and chimichangas), so that's what I've done here. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
Air Fryer Chicken Chimichangas step by step
- For the pico de gallo: In a small bowl, combine the tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste..
- For the chimichangas: In a large bowl, combine the chicken, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and drained chiles. Mix well to incorporate..
- On a work surface, working with one at a time, place one-quarter of the chicken mixture (almost 3/4 cuonto the bottom third of a tortilla. Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese. Lift the edge nearest you and wrap it around the filling. Fold the left and right sides in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside, seam side down, and repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling..
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F..
- Lightly spray all sides of the chimichangas with oil. Place the chimichangas seam side down in the air fryer. (Make sure each chimichanga is tightly wrapped and seam side down or it will open during cooking.) Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook additional 5 minutes until golden and crisp..
- To serve: Place 3/4 cup shredded lettuce on each plate. Place a chimichanga on top, along with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 ounce avocado. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately..
Spray the outside of each filled tortilla with cooking spray. Make your chicken chimichangas in the air fryer instead for an exceptionally crispy burrito. Top with about ½ cup of chicken mixture and some sour cream. Roll into a burrito by folding the top and bottom of tortilla into the center, then fold the right side all the way over the filling, tucking and rolling. I didn't think I would ever get to eat these again since fired food is off the menu.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…