Brad's German potato salad.
You can cook Brad's German potato salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's German potato salad
- You need 3 lbs of youkon gold or white potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of LG sweet onion.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1/2 lb of bacon, chopped and fried. Reserve grease.
- It’s 1 of med red onion, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of white or cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of mustard seed.
- It’s 6 of green onions, chop green and white parts.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
Brad's German potato salad instructions
- Peel, cube and cover potatoes with water in a Dutch oven. Add yellow onion, 1 tsp salt, and chicken bouillon. Boil until tender..
- At same time, fry bacon. When done, drain on paper towel. Reserve grease..
- When potatoes are done, drain in a colander. Discard onion. Keep dutch oven handy..
- Fry red onion in bacon grease until tender..
- Return potatoes to the Dutch oven. Keep covered with a lid..
- When onions are tender, add mustard seed, and vinegar to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add to potatoes, including all liquid and bacon grease. Add rest of ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix well and let sit on the counter for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve and enjoy..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…