Currywurst | German street food. Currywurst (German: [ˈkœʁiˌvʊɐst] (listen)) is a fast food dish of German origin consisting of steamed, and fried pork sausage (German: Bratwurst) typically cut into bite-sized chunks and seasoned with curry ketchup, a sauce based on spiced ketchup or tomato paste topped with curry powder. Berlin, the capital of Germany has a vibrant food culture. Put coke in a pot and boil it down.
This delicious German currywurst recipe is so quick to make at home in the air fryer. Learn how to make the BEST authentic Where Did Currywurst Originate? Currywurst has been a German institution since its invention in She set up a street stand where construction workers were hard at work rebuilding the war-torn city. You can have Currywurst | German street food using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Currywurst | German street food
- It’s 5 of Tbs Ketchup.
- You need 1/2 Tbs of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 100 ml of Coke.
- Prepare of curry powder as you want.
- You need 4 of sausages.
- You need of cooking oil.
How to make curry ketchup from scratch – the epic sauce for Germany's most popular street food – the Currywurst. Currywurst is a popular 'fast food' in Berlin, Germany. It is quick and simple and everyone loves it! If you're in a hurry, you can substitute ketchup for the sauce, or use your own recipe.
Currywurst | German street food step by step
- Put coke in a pot and boil it down..
- Put ketchup in a boiled coke and stir it so that it mixes well..
- When ketchup is mixed well, add minced garlic, ginger, and onions and boil them..
- Add curry powder and boil until the sauce is viscous..
- Blanch the sausage in boiling water for 5 minutes so that it is cooked evenly..
- Cut the blanched sausage..
- Place sausage on an oil pan and bake..
- Place sauce on top of well-done sausage..
The classical definition of CURRYWURST is a German fast dish consisting of steamed, then grilled veal/pork sausage cut into slices and seasoned with CURRY KETCHUP. Pommes) are in many times included! Currywurst is German street food, originally developed after the second world war. It consists of a fried sausage topped with a curry and ketchup-based sauce. If you go into any fast-food joint in Berlin that serves currywurst, you will almost certainly see a sign for Heinz.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…