California Farm Foie Gras Pate-it oinks.
You can cook California Farm Foie Gras Pate-it oinks using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Farm Foie Gras Pate-it oinks
- It’s Pound of fresh pork shoulder, fat removed.
- It’s Pound of fresh pork livers, mixed with 2Tbs pork lard.
- You need of Pound fresh pork belly bacon, no rind.
- It’s of Quarter pound thin sliced fresh pork belly bacon, no rind.
- You need Pound of chopped Shallots.
- You need Tbs of bread crumbs.
- You need clove of mild Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Whipped fresh farm eggs.
- You need Tsp of black pepper plus Tbs freshly cracked black peppercorns.
- It’s Tbs of french herbs (herbes provencales).
- It’s 5 Tbs of brandy.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of cream.
- You need 2 of laurel leaves, twig of fresh rosemary.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of To make gelcoat:.
- It’s Cup of cold chicken broth.
- It’s Tbs of cornstarch.
- You need of Tools.
- Prepare of Creuset thick enameled bread form, or metal breadform, put in roasting pan filled with cold water.
- Prepare of Aluminum foil to cover the top.
- Prepare of Brick to weight down the mixture inside the breadpan.
- Prepare of large oven roasting pan filled with water to put the breadpan in.
- Prepare of infrared handheld thermometer.
California Farm Foie Gras Pate-it oinks step by step
- Chop each ingredient for coarse country pate, or puree in food processor for smooth foie gras pate: pork meat, pork liver mixed with pork lard, pork bacon, chopped shallots and chopped garlic. Mix evenly. Thoroughly mix in cracked peppercorns, herbs, whipped eggs, breadcrumbs, 4 Tbs brandy, cream, spices..
- Cover inside of breadpan with thinly sliced fresh pork belly bacon. Load with meat mix, cover with bacon, use extra strips if necessary. Bayleaf and rosemary sprig herbs on top.Now cover with aluminum foil. Put pans in waterbath. Rest 4 hours in oven at room temperature..
- Turn oven to 185F degrees, Bake mixture two hours. Use infrared thermometer to check temp. Turn oven off. Put brick on top of aluminum foil on top of mixture, cool overnight in oven. Next morning, make gelcoat: remove brick, foil, bay leaf, rosemary, pour off any liquid. Mix Tbs cornstarch with cup of cold chicken stock and Tbs brandy, bring to boil, simmer till thick, pour over the mix, put in refrigerator and solidify, 2 hours..
- When gelcoat is solid, Release carefully from mold upside down, pack mousse pate in one pound tubs, cut country pate in six thick slices, half pound each, pack one per quart freezer bag, freeze. Serve sliced thin or spread on toast or crackers with capers, french mustard and small pickle. Also great on sandwiches on a lettuce leaf. Enjoy..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…