German potato salad. I have been eating German Potato Salad almost all my many, many years. I've cooked many German Potato salads myself. I cooked this one today and my spouse and guests raved about it.
Unlike other side dishes, this one will get tore up guaranteed! German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. You can cook German potato salad using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German potato salad
- Prepare 5-6 strips of bacon.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 pounds of red potatoes. they don't make mashed potato salad !.
- It’s 1/4 cup of miracle whip.
- You need 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Toss Yukon gold potatoes with Dijon mustard, vinegar, thick-cut bacon, chives and seasoning for this classic German Potato Salad recipe from Food Network. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. My German Potato Salad is made with vinegar, bacon, and onion and can be served warm or cold.
German potato salad step by step
- Prepare potatoes 1/2 inch cubes work well..
- Place fine diced onions in skillet. Fine chop bacon add to skillet cook with onions..
- When potatoes are done cool first. Then place in mixing bowl..
- Add miracle whip and onions and bacon. A little oil will also add flavor..
- Mix well and serve. Enjoy !.
Potatoes – The potatoes you can get in Germany are different from North American potatoes. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now. German Potato Salad with Cervelat Wurst, Red Onion and Mustard Seed. While doing research and collecting an overwhelming number of recipes for this post about German Style Potato Salad.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…