Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions.
You can cook Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions
- Prepare of ● For The German Brats.
- It’s 5 of LG German Spicy Bratwursts [they only come in 5's].
- Prepare 2 of Dark Worsteiners German Beers.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s of ● For The Carmelized Onions.
- You need 2 of EX LG Evenly Sliced Vidalia Onions [no substitutes].
- You need 1 of LG Ladle Brat Beer Broth.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- It’s of ● For The Breads.
- Prepare 5 of LG Sturdy German Pretzel Hot Dog Buns [see photo].
- It’s as needed of Garlic Butter [to grill pretzel buns].
- You need of ● For The Brat Sides [as needed].
- Prepare of Authentic German Sourkraut [usually found in bags – not jars].
- Prepare of Inglehoffers Stone Ground Mustard [no substitutes – see photo].
- You need of ● For The Corn On The Cob.
- Prepare 5 of LG Ears Corn On the Cob [de-husked].
- You need 1 Cup of Whole Milk [to sweeten corn].
- It’s as needed of Water [enough to cover corn].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need as needed of Additional Butter For Service.
Mike's German Brats Sourkraut & Carmelized Onions instructions
- Shuck your fresh corn clean of all fibers..
- Add water, whole milk, butter and salt to a large pot for corn..
- At the same time, score your brats on the bias. [see photos #6 and #9 below for a description of bias].
- Boil brats in two bottles quality stout German beers, granulated garlic powder & granulated onion powder on high for 8 minutes. Then, pull out brats but, reserve it's stout broth..
- Add one large ladle of seasoned beer broth, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to a pan with your sliced Vidalia Onions. Cover and steam until veggies are translucent. Uncover and allow onions to carmelize slightly..
- Grill brats until a char has developed on them..
- Fully sautéed and carmelized Vidalia onions hit with a dash of dried chives pictured..
- Place grilled brats in grilled onion mixture and cover until ready for service. Coat them in onion juices..
- Pretzel buns required pictured. Slice 3/4 of the way open, coat with garlic butter and grill open faced until slightly charred..
- German Beer pictured..
- German Stone Ground Mustard pictured..
- Authentic German Sourkraut pictured..
- German Sourkraut pictured..
- Stack your brats on thick grilled pretzel buns with German mustard, sourkraut and sautéd onions. Serve with buttery corn on the cob to the side. Enjoy!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…