Belgian asparagus. A family company from Belgium opens its doors to let us discover the secrets behind asparagus farming. Your Belgian Asparagus stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors.
Belgian asparagus is a very seasonal product with a very short harvest season from the end of April to June. White Asparagus, and particularly that grown around the asparagus capital of Mechelen, is The traditional and authentic way to serve Belgian asparagus is Flemish Style: boiled or steamed to. In general, consumption posted buoyant growth. You can have Belgian asparagus using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Belgian asparagus
- It’s 1 kg of white asparagus.
- Prepare 1 of butter.
- It’s 2 large of spring onions.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- You need 1 of smoked ham.
BelOrta kicked off the asparagus season today with the sale of the first Belgian asparagus. After our general wine pairing tips with asparagus earlier this month, it is time to put a number of In this series we will focus on classic asparagus dishes, combined with exclusively Belgian wines. Asparagus, or garden asparagus, folk name sparrow grass, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a perennial flowering plant species in the genus Asparagus. Photo "New harvest of white asparagus vegetable, high quality Belgian asparagus with ribbon in colors of Belgian flag close up" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the.
Belgian asparagus instructions
- Peal of the skin from the asparagus using a thin-slicer. Make sure all the fibres are gone because you don't wanna get those in your dish, they'll ruin your appitite.
- Melt a large lump of good butter (no margarine) in a large frying-pan on a low fire and make sure it doesn't turn brown..
- Put in the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and let simmer on a low fire until done (check with a sharp kitchenknife, if it goes through easily they're done)..
- Tip : never cook or steam your asparagus because they'll lose half of their flavour !.
- Cut up your spring-onions..
- Cut up thin slices of the smoked ham (I prefer pancetta, pata negra but you can really use any type of ham)..
- Bring water to the boil for the eggs (without shell) and poche them for about one minute. they don't need longer so make sure you do this last. I always put them in while everything else has already been dressed on the plate..
- Dress everything nicely on a plate and don't forget to cover everything with the butter you used for the asparagus because it's loaded with flavours..
Belgian wine and sparkling wine (a rarity but of extremely good quality). brown (some call it green) soap. haven't seen that anywhere abroad, used for cleaning and removing stains. Фото со стока – New harvest of white asparagus vegetable, high quality Belgian asparagus with ribbon in colors of Belgian flag close up. King crab legs with butter, garlic and chives & fat Belgian asparagus. Belgian asparagus 'The Flemish Way' (in French à la Flamande). Belgian manufacturers and suppliers of asparagus from around the world. Some hybrid asparagus varieties have been bred to provide male only asparagus plants.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…