Cauliflower and cheese cakes in chile ancho sauce.
You can have Cauliflower and cheese cakes in chile ancho sauce using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower and cheese cakes in chile ancho sauce
- You need of Cakes.
- Prepare 1 of cauliflower.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 200 gr of queso fresco (white Mexican cheese), grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro; chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of onion; finely chopped.
- Prepare of vegetable oil to fry.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 5 of ancho or pasilla dry peppers.
- It’s 2 of roma tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/4 of onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 cup of stock (either vegetable or chicken).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Cauliflower and cheese cakes in chile ancho sauce instructions
- Hydrate the dried chili peppers in boiling water for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Remove the chili pepper stems and add them to the blender, along with the rest of the sauce ingredients excepting the olive oil. Blend everything together..
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the content of the blender passing it through a strainer. Cook the sauce/salsa for 15 to 20 minutes or until it thickness..
- Clean and cut the cauliflower in pieces, and cook or steam it until fully cooked. Wait until it cools and finely chop it with a food processor, a knife or even with the hands (should be very soft.) Squeeze the cauliflower through a coriander or a cloth to extract as much water as possible..
- In a mixing bowl, add the cooked cauliflower along with the rest of the ingredients (except the vegetable oil) and mix everything together until having a thick dough..
- Grab about 4 tbsp of the dough and make the cakes with your hands (about 9 cm of diameter x 2 cm thick). Shallow-fry them on hot vegetable oil for 3 minutes on each side..
- Dry them with paper towels.
- To serve, add a bed of the salsa in a shallow dish, 3 or four of the cakes and decorate with some cilantro..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…