Stuffed French Toast Croissants.
You can have Stuffed French Toast Croissants using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed French Toast Croissants
- Prepare 4 of Large Croissants, cut in half.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of package of softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Half and Half.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional).
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of fresh strawberries, chopped.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar, to taste.
Stuffed French Toast Croissants step by step
- In bowl mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and maple syrup until combined. Don’t worry about over-mixing. Get in there and mix that cream cheese!.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each croissant. I tend to lick my fingers if I am just making this for myself. Otherwise, if serving to other people DON’T lick your digits. *Tip: If you have any extra mixture leftover, place in fridge and pull out during those late night snack attacks..
- In another bowl whisk eggs, half and half, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Yes, the cinnamon and nutmeg will swirl and settle on the top of the mixture. It’s weird, I know, just do your best. This isn’t rocket science..
- Dip each croissant into the egg mixture making sure the filling stays in, we don’t want spillage coming out of the sides of the croissant. Unless you like that sort of thing. In that case, carry on. *Tip: Use your hands for this. It’s messy. But strangely satisfying..
- Cook croissants on greased skillet, medium to medium high heat for 2-4 minutes. Serve immediately drizzled with maple syrup, strawberries, and powdered sugar. Add in a dollop of whipped cream for good measure. *Tip: You can also place in a warming oven if you are not serving right away. Seriously though, who the heck is not eating this right away?!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…