Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake. Today I show a traditional christmas recipe from my home country Germany. It's a yeast dough with prickled fruits, almonds and. Stollen is a German fruit cake/bread, most commonly eaten at Christmas.
After reading all about the English Fruit Cake/ Christmas Cake, let us now travel southwards to my second home Germany to The Christstollen has been around for centuries now. It is a yeasted bread baked with a mix of rum soaked dry fruits, nuts, spices and candied citrus peel. Christstollen (German Christmas Cake): Sift the flour into a large bowl, then make a small whole in the middle. You can have Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake
- It’s 500 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 150 gr of butter.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- You need 7 gr of / 1 pack dry yeast.
- You need 120 gr of raisin (soaked in rum).
- You need 50 gr of zitronat / dried lemon.
- It’s 50 gr of orangeat / dried orange.
- It’s 100 gr of chopped almond.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cardamon powder.
- Prepare of Garnish:.
- You need 50 gr of melted butter.
- Prepare of Powder sugar.
This is best done with your hands. Again, let the dough rest in a warm place for one hour. Now add the candied fruit, and raisins and almonds into the dough. German stollen is a traditional Christmas bread, also known as Christstollen Studded with nuts and dried fruits then dusted with a generous coating of icing sugar, German stollen is a Christmas is a time of elaborate fruit-and-booze-laden breads, puddings, and cakes.
Christstollen/German christmas fruit cake instructions
- Warm the milk for 1 minute and add 1 tsp sugar. Add the dry yeast into the warm milk to activate it. Keep it aside..
- In a bowl, add flour, butter, egg, sugar. Mix it with low speed kitchen machine..
- Slowly add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Let it knead for 10 – 15 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic..
- Let the dough ferment/rest for 1 hour in a bowl and cover it with dry towel/ folio.
- After one hour, add the dried fruits and nuts into the dough. Mix it well..
- Place the dough on top of table. Sprinkle some flour..
- Roll it flat around 3 cm. Fold the dough from one end to the middle and fold the other side on top of the fold..
- Place it on baking paper. Let it proof for another 45 minutes..
- Bake the fruit cake in 180 C oven for 45 minutes..
- Remove it out of oven. Cool it down for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter. Brush the butter on top of the cake..
- Sprinkle enough sugar powder..
- Cool it down. Slice it into two and pack it with aluminium folio and keep it for one week..
- The cake will be compact and tasty..
It is the time of airy panettone. Christmas Stollen also known as Christstollen is a delicious traditional German pastry. David has a German heritage and I thought it would be awesome to make a traditional Holiday recipe from his roots; Christmas Candied Fruits. Today, the Stollen are amazingly tasty and highly requested worldwide. Christmas stollen, known in Germany as Christstollen, is a yeast bread that is baked with dried fruits Our German Christmas Stollen Recipe.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…