Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread).
You can cook Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread)
- You need 300 g of cane sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs, medium size.
- It’s 500 g of ground hazelnuts.
- You need 15 g of gingerbread spice mix.
- You need 0.5 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 25 g of candied orange peel.
- It’s 25 g of candied lemon peel.
- You need 0.5 tsp of lemon peel.
- Prepare 1 of knive point of hartshorn or potash.
- It’s of wafer paper, diameter 70 mm.
- It’s of dark couverture chocolate.
Lebkuchen (German Gingerbread) instructions
- Mix eggs and cane sugar until foamy. Chop candied orange and lemon peel. Since I am not a big fan of them I chop them rather finely so I do not bite on it in the Lebkuchen..
- Add the rest of the ingredients. First the spices, potash/hartshorn and lemon peel, mix throughly. Than the candied lemon and orange peel and the ground hazelnuts..
- Than add the candied lemon and orange peel and the ground hazelnuts and mix throughly..
- Spread with a knife on the wafer paper and put on a baking tray with baking parchment. Let sit in the oven overnight. The photo shows how they look the nex morning..
- The next morning: Take out the baking tray(s). Preheat the oven to 130 °C. Bake the cookies for 40 min. Let cool. (Photo: to the left the baked Lebkuchen, to the right how they look after a nights` lodging in the cold oven.).
- Glaze with dark couverture chocolate and decorate to taste with almonds or candied cherries. Enjoy! But only after the flavours had two weeks in the bisquit tin to mingle… ;).
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…