You can cook Belgian Waffles using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Belgian Waffles
- Prepare 90 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 90 grams of Strong bread flour.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 130 of to 150 grams 1 egg and milk.
- You need 80 grams of Unsalted butter – chilled and finely diced.
- You need 50 grams of Nib sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla oil or essence.
Belgian Waffles step by step
- Put all the ingredients except for the nib sugar and vanilla oil into the bread machine. Set the machine to bread dough and complete the first rising..
- When the mixture has come together, add vanilla oil. The dough may seem really sticky and dense at first, but will eventually become nice and shiny..
- Take the dough out after the first rising is finished. Divide into 8 portions..
- Mix in the nib sugar. There's no need to form the dough into balls! It's actually better if the nib sugar sticks out rather than being completely folded in..
- If the dough is too runny, scoop it out with a spoon or a spatula to put directly onto the sandwich maker..
- Preheat the sandwich maker. Cover the dough with a damp (tightly squeezed) cloth to prevent it from drying up..
- Bake in the preheated sandwich maker. It will be nice and crunchy if the nib sugar is a little visible on the surface of the dough..
- Press the edges to test its doneness – it should be a little spongy. It's ready to be served when the surface is golden brown as in the photo!.
- I also tried baking it in different shapes as shown here..
- I've had a lot of feedback saying that the batter was too runny, so I reduced the amount of milk and eggs..
- If they get cold, wrap them up in aluminum foil and warm them up in a toaster oven..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…