German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi.
You can cook German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi
- It’s 250 g of flour.
- You need 140 g of butte, cold.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of baking powder.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg (size m).
- It’s 1 tbsp of rum.
- It’s 1 sachet of vanilla sugar.
- Prepare 1 kg (2 lb) of prunes (Zwetschgen).
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390° F). Line a baking tray or a springform tin with baking parchment. Mix dry ingredients (except tbsp sugar and tsp cinnamon at the end of the ingredients)..
- Add the cold butter and start kneading with your fingers. Add the egg and the rum and knead until you have a dough..
- Spread the dough on the tray or tin and pinch several times with a fork so it does not rise while baking. Put the tin in the fridge until the prunes are prepared..
- Wash the prunes. Cut in the middle, open and remove pit without cutting the prune into half. Cut in fan-shape (kind of accordion) as seen in the photo. Lay tightly on the pie crust..
- Bake for 30 min until crust turns light brown. In the mean time mix 3 tbsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon. As soon as the cake is removed from the oven scatter cinnamon sugar mix on the cake and cover with aluminium foil (for 20 min). A lovely juice will emerge that makes the cake moist. Enjoy with whipped cream!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…