Lauren's Turkey Sausage Chili.
You can have Lauren's Turkey Sausage Chili using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Turkey Sausage Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1/2 of roll of breakfast sausage.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of can pinto beans.
- It’s 6 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 2 of jalapenos 1 diced, 1 chopped to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of green or red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Sour cream and Mexican blend cheese.
Lauren's Turkey Sausage Chili step by step
- In a large Dutch oven or large pot heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion, garlic and both types of peppers and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes..
- In medium sauté pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add ground turkey meat and breakfast sausage and Cook, stirring constantly and breaking up the big chunks with a fork until the liquid evaporates and meat is thoroughly cooked and slightly brown..
- Add cooked meat into a pot with an onion and pepper mixture..
- Pour in diced tomatoes and beans..
- Dilute tomato paste with 1 cup of chicken broth and add into a pot..
- Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, brown sugar, cocoa powder, the remaining chicken broth and ½ teaspoon of salt..
- Give everything a good stir, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. If the soup becomes too thick, add ½ cup of chicken broth..
- Simmer for about 30 minutes to hour..
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately with shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream and tortilla crisps..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…