My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole.
You can have My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole
- You need 1 (48 oz) of package French style cut green beans/thawed OR.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans French style cut green beans/drained.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can) sliced button mushrooms, drained.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 cups of cheese: Mexican Blend, Sharp Cheddar, Colby/Jack.
- You need 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian blend).
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large stockpot, melt your butter over medium heat and quickly saute your onion and garlic while stirring being careful not to burn..
- Whisk in your flour until no lumps remain, then slowly add your milk and sour cream..
- Season with a little salt and pepper and stir..
- Stir well until the sauce is smooth and slightly bubbling on the sides of the pan..
- Add 2 cups of cheese and stir well..
- Turn off the heat and continue stirring until the cheese is melted and you have a nice, thick sauce..
- Add your thawed green beans or canned green beans and mishrooms to the cheese mixture and stir well to coat. Now add worcestershire sauce and stir well..
- Pour your cheesy green bean mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs on top..
- Sometimes spray a touch of non stick cooking spray on top of the breadcrumbs to help it brown up..
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until it's golden brown on top and bubbly..
- If it's not as golden as you'd like on top, turn your broiler on medium for 5 minutes and that will do the trick!.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then serve with your favorite meal! Or have it as a meal..
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…