German pancake. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, a Dutch puff, or a Hootenanny, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
We have this recipe in my family forever. We call them German oven pancakes and they are soo good. This German pancake (aka Dutch baby pancake) would perfect for Easter breakfast this year. You can have German pancake using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German pancake
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of milk.
I'm all about those holiday breakfasts! Usually every weekend we have either. German Pancakes AKA Fluffy Pancakes – A family favorite that's perfect for breakfast, brunch or breakfast-for-dinner. Make several German pancakes if you're feeding a crowd, and keep in mind that my easy syrup Remove pancake from oven.
German pancake instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degre.
- Using KitchenAid blender, slowly blend the eggs about 3 minutes. Add salt and sugar. Slowly add flour until completely blended. Then slowly add milk until completely blended..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to large skillet on stove to medium heat to melt. Be sure all sides and bottom of pan coated with butter. I usually spray with Pam to ensure pancake won't stick to insure rise up over the pan a couple of inches..
- Pour batter into heated pan and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes using lowest rack in oven..
- While baking make filling, combining 1/2 can apple pie filling, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Alternate for apple pie filling is using 3 tablespoons butter heating in large Skillet over medium heat. adding 3 medium sliced apples, 3 medium sliced pears and 3 tbsp sugar. Cook until tender about 12 to 15 minutes..
- As soon as pancake is done, remove from oven and place on large plate. Pour apple five pie filling into center and push out to sides. Fold over one side to the other, then again and again until all sides are folded. Then flip pancake so folded side is down..
Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately with syrup and, if. Sometimes called German Puff Pancakes, these pancakes literally take a few minutes to prepare. Light and fluffy German Pancakes (aka Dutch Baby) are a breakfast staple and a family favorite! German pancakes take only a few minutes to prepare – and you probably have everything on hand. Dutch Baby Pancakes (or German Pancakes) are a cross between crepes and popovers.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…