French Chocolate Baguette.
You can have French Chocolate Baguette using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Chocolate Baguette
- You need 300 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 200 g of water.
- Prepare 3 g of instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 30 g of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 30 g of sugar.
- It’s 6 g of salt.
- It’s 120 g of chocolate chips.
French Chocolate Baguette step by step
- In a standing mixing bowl put water & yeast then mix. Stir in sugar, flour, cocoa powder & salt. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes then turn to medium speed for 8- 10 minutes until windowpane!.
- Add the chocolate chips & mix until corporated. Round the dough portion. Place into an oiled plastic container & let them rest for 30 minutes. Sprinkle a little bit of dusting flour & punch down..
- Lightly press the dough & make a flat square. Fold about 1/3 the dough both sides. Fold again until the dough becomes elastic. Seal the fold. Turn the bread over so that it is seam side down. Cover & rest until almost double in size..
- Sprinkle dusting flour lightly. Flatten it. Divide into 3 equal parts and shape into rectangles. Stretch each dough rectangle slightly and fold into a cylinder, sealing the seams. Using your hands, roll the cylinders gently stretching them to desired length. Cover and let rest for 60 minutes..
- Starting preheating the oven to 500F, with a baking stone positioned in the upper half the oven and a bread pan filled with hot water on the bottom rack. Or Preheat the pot with the lid on to 500°F for about 20 minutes. I used 7 1/4 quart pot..
- Transfer the baguettes to a piece of parchment paper, seam side down and dust off excess flour. Using a bread lame, a sharp knife or a razor blade, make 3 scores on each baguette. When scoring, use a swift and firm motion to ensure nice and clean cuts..
- Open the oven, taking caution not to get burned by steam, and slide the baguettes off onto the baking stone. Close the oven and reduce temperature to 475F. Bake for 15 minutes. Or VERY carefully lift the dough and drop it, with paper and all into the preheated pot. Replace the lid and slip it back into the oven..
- Remove the water pan, rotate the baguettes, drop the temperature to 450F and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until deep golden brown. Or after 15 minutes of baking remove the lid. The dough only needs to bake in the steam for that amount of time. Turn the heat down to 450°F and bake for another 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the loaf..
- Now it’s done!.
Love to Cook and Food Delicious…